I am in india now! Im supposed to be on holiday but still working. I don’t think I really will switch off till Mr Z joins us.its been meeting the family and friends during the day and working late into the night.
Past few months have been eventful. There was celebrations hence lots of cakes..we all including Aaira turned a year older. But we also lost a dear uncle and saw some quiet evenings where we would sit around feeling so helplessly human . Then again life goes on.we puck up where we left and move ahead.
I’ve had a lot to blog..from my designs to recipe’s. I’m hoping to catch up on them while on this working holiday. Also remind myself that I need to capture every frame of my kids growing up.its so quick that I’m unable to catch. Aaira is walking and talking .She’s a huge fan of her sister and is showing a lot of interest in dance and music. Zaara has been the perfect older sister and mama’s little helper . She’s off to grade one in a month’s time and I’m in denial.She will be 5 in October but already thinks her mother has a lot of catching up to do fashion wise.
Today I’m sharing with you my all time favourite chocolate cake.simple and basically mafe with whatever I have home..no butter and so soft and chocolaty
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water with 2 tsp coffee
- Heat oven to 180°C. Grease and flour a cake baking pan.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve hot with a dollop ice cream.