I cant believe that January is over!!! I must say that I had a fabulous December and an even busy January.. I missed blogging! Its something I would think about all through the day, and sleep with that tiny guilt of not doing enough!
I have decided that 2012 will be the year of improvement…To try and be better at the things I love to do! Move one more step forward to perfection! This is a very important year for us as a family, as we are expecting a new addition to the Family! Team “Belgami” is definitely growing!Yes we are having another baby! Zaara will soon have a sibling, and I must say she is thrilled!
Shes happier than We are! Now all her stories and activities revolve around how she would care, play,cuddle her lil BABY!
I’m so glad that we could have another child!Starting at a point where I was told I could not have children to the point where we are having our second child, We , as a family have definitely come a long way! Thanks to God almighty for his graciousness!
Looks like I will now broaden my blog to including the new one, Zaara, food and DESIGN! Talking of which, I also have a resolution to upload a design post after every food post. I have so many drafts in the designing bit that clearing them up would mean more design posts than food posts!
We had a fabulous Holiday In India, and I made these muffins soon after we returned!
I bought the most delicious boxes of blueberries from Geant! After savouring a few, I decided to make my all time favourite muffin- The blueberry muffin!!! Its my favourite recipe from All recipes, But with slight modifications.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.